Saturday, 14 August 2010

Outlet for my creative side...

It's Joanna's birthday next week and she is having a Dinosaur Dance Party. So I have been busy making dinosaur dress-up tails for the kids to play with at the party (and to take home with them afterwards). It's been fun to create them (I got help with working out the making process from here - why waste all that brainpower, when somebody else has already done the thinking), to have a deadline and concrete reason to get out the sewing machine. I really like planning and creating things for the kids birthday parties each year - it gives me a purpose to direct my creative energy/inspiration into. I've also been making paper pompoms/flowers to decorate the room with - Joanna and Ben think they look 'cool' (idea from the Donna Hay kids magazine, actual instructions from here).

This coming week I'm going to have to switch my attention to preparing in advance as much as the food as I can (so I don't have to do much on the day) - this will include making Bronto bite, pterodactyl wings, dino egg ice-cream and chocolate sinking sand.

No comments: