Monday, 9 July 2012

Back update

I haven't posted about my back for a while and a bit has happened so I thought I should give an update.  Unfortunately I still can't post that it is totally back to normal (although the physio does assure me that this day will come).  My back has improved a lot and the physio thinks we have narrowed it down to just being a  sacro-illiac joint (SIJ) problem now (very severe ligament strain).  Unfortunately this joint isn't the easiest to treat and when she sent me for an x-ray they identified a minor spondylolisthesis of one my lumbar vertebra and exercises to treat the SIJ problem can aggravate the spondylolisthesis and visa versa.  So I have been doing a combination of exercises and treatment to deal with both of these, but in the past couple of weeks my recovery has plateaued (again!).  So they physio suggested we try acupuncture to try and relax the muscles and reduce any inflamation etc in my SIJ - my first treatment was last Wednesday and I'm having my 2nd today (the physio says that it can take up to 3 treatments before an effect is seen).

No comments: