Sunday, 21 February 2010

Ice cream shop...

A friend from church got an ice-cream making machine for Christmas. She has had great fun making many different flavours and telling me about them. But there is only so much ice-cream you can store in the freezer at once, so she was generous enough to lend me the machine to have a go at making some myself.

First the kids chose to make 'peanut butter ice-cream'. You may be thinking that it doesn't sound very nice, but it does actually taste quite nice.

Then we had a over supply of watermelon that needed using up, so I made 'watermelon and lime sorbet'. This one is nice and refreshing.

I then decided to attempt frozen yoghurt, so made apricot frozen yoghurt. It tastes nice and creamy.

And the last one that I've made is coffee gelati. I have yet to taste this one, except for a small lick of the spatula when transferring it to the ice cream container to freeze.

There are a few other flavours I want to try making, but I'm going to give the machine back for now as we have no freezer space to store any more (until we eat up all the ones I've made so far). And with us moving soon we don't really have time to make more at the moment and it wouldn't survive the move anyway.

No comments: