Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Yum

Yesterday afternoon I made the White Chocolate 'Berrymisu' that's on the front cover of the current Super Food Ideas magazine. It is really good (although not so good for the calorie count - just have to eat very small portions!)...Peter doesn't like normal tiramisu (he will not eat any dessert or baking that has a coffee flavour), so I'm always looking out for a good non-coffee version. This particular recipe does very well to capture the bitter flavour of authentic tiramisu - most other ones I've tried don't get this sweet bitter balance and so they just taste really sweet! It also use cream cheese instead of mascarpone, so doesn't break the bank. And because raspberries are in season here at the moment, I used fresh ones instead of frozen.

1 comment:

Ally said...

It would probably work with other types of berries as well. I might have to ask Mum for the recipe & try it over summer.