Sunday, 9 October 2011

Feeling productive and on top of things....kind of!

Yesterday, Peter and I had a list of things we wanted to get done around the house/garden:
  • weed the strawberry patch (if you didn't know it was a strawberry patch, you would have just assumed it was a large patch of weeds - couldn't see any strawberry plants for all the weeds)
  • mulch the strawberries, raspberries and garlic
  • plant the potatoes (that I had bought before going to Brisbane and had sprout about 10cm long on them!)
  • oil the deck f
    urniture (table and chairs hadn't been oiled for at least 12 months)
  • replace the toilet tap (it was old and stuck, we couldn't turn it off)
  • make a batch of coconut ice cream
The amazing thing is, that unlike our usual Saturday to-do lists where we only get 1/2 the stuff done...we got all of it done! Plus we had extra time to do a couple of extra things - I planted some seeds in the garden (carrots, beetroot, rocket, parsley and chives) and Peter
started constructing the Ikea wall mounted clothes airer that I'd brought back from Brisbane.

I still have things to do like making the bunting for Naomi's birthday party, writing kids church Christmas program, organising advent calendar, working out what I'm going to do to celebrate my 30th Birthday...

No comments: