Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Camping pictures...

It may have been the worst camping trip I've ever had, but the kids still enjoyed it.  I wasn't really up to taking any photos, so the first photo only got taken while we were packing up:
After packing up, I foolishly decided that I would be able to do the little walk to Tarawera Falls.  So we did.  It's a really impressive waterfall (the river goes underground about 30m short of the top, and pops out of a crack in the cliff - the main drop on the right is about 35m, the top of the cliff where the left fall is overflowing is 65m from the bottom), although I certainly wasn't feeling happy afterwards.  For a couple of days afterwards.
(In case you're wondering, it's now Tuesday, and I'm feeling significantly better.  Certainly not contemplating going back to work or mowing the grass or any other such thing, but better.  I've only taken one set of painkillers today, rather than the huge cocktail yesterday, which still left me writhing in pain).

No comments: