Monday, 28 May 2012

OUCH!

I hurt my back packing the car to go camping at Easter...After living in pain for a few weeks, I finally got around to going to the physio a couple of weeks ago.  My pain/back is better than it was, but it still isn't back to normal.  As a result I'm not allowed to do any back flexion exercise/movements...so I basically can't do any lower body weights, and vege gardening is virtually a no go zone.  Any high impact exercise also increases the pain, so I currently can't run or do anything except the lowest intensity in step class.  The physio got me to do a 5min test run on the weekend to see how my back would cope...I didn't sleep much after 3am as my back was so painful and the getting ready routine this morning was also done in much pain.  The physio has peeled away the layers of pain/injury so that it now seems to be a sacro-illiac joint issue.  I've been given more stretching exercises to do for the next few days and I have to go for another 'test run' on Thursday so I can tell the physio what the pain is like when I see her on Friday!  (At this stage I'm not looking forward to that, if the pain is going to be like it is after the last 'test run')

No comments: