Sunday, 26 August 2012

Passing of a season

I've been consciously aware recently that I am out of the baby season of life. Two are now at school and Naomi is gaining independence in leaps and bounds (she will be hopefully starting Kindy soon). We have sold/given away must of our baby clothes/gear. Certain activities are easier- meal times, getting ready in the morning, shopping... I also have no great desire to watch the new show on TV about new mums.

I did enjoy the baby stage. I quite liked being pregnant, holding a small beautiful baby, watching them grow and develop. But I won't deny the hard parts- broken sleep, constant tiredness, juggling multiple children's needs...

I also admit that although I may think the baby stage has ended, God may have other plans (as a couple at church have just discovered) and I'm trusting that God's plans are best.

I am also able to look back and thank God for all the wisdom, strength, energy, protection and support he has provided me with through this season of life. And have faith that he will continue to provide all my needs and continue to teach and rebuke me in this next season I am now in and God willing, the many more seasons to come, so that in all things God may be glorified.

I also will not refuse an opportunity to hold someone elses baby and help them to navigate this season of their life.

No comments: