Friday, 10 August 2012

"The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” (Job 1:21b ESV)

Today is touched with sadness.  Our niece, Hannah Ruth Nygaard died this morning, she was 8 weeks and 4 days old.

She was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (for more on the condition and her story, my sister has blogged about it).  And although some may think such a short struggling life is just a burden/pointless/discouraging...there are so many ways which God has used this life to his glory.  For me personally I have been challenged and learnt a great deal about prayer (when I live on the other side of the world to my sister, there wasn't much else I could do) and about dependence on God to supply all my sister's needs as I all I can do is limited skyping (none of the things that I would naturally do like cooking meals, looking after my nephew, hugs...).  Today I'm also challenged to appreciate the 3 children God has entrusted to me and the blessing that they are, as well as to not waste this time he has given me with them to bring them up in the ways of the Lord.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

H Mel and Peter,
I am sorry to hear of this loss. I will be praying for you and you families as you deal with these in the time ahead.
Melissa