Friday, 16 July 2010

Enjoyable holidays...

I have been really enjoying the school holidays, even though we haven't gone away for any of it. I think the secret has been; a) planning (which I have control over) and b) weather (which I have no control over.

Before the holidays I made sure I organised a number of play dates with friends of Joanna's from playgroup and friends of Ben's from kindy. So this is what we have done 2 or 3 mornings each week. The other mornings and afternoons we have done a bit of shopping, gone to the movies, done some craft, and just hung out at home.

Both the outings and the hanging out at home have been greatly improved by amazing fine, sunny weather (especially for winter school holidays in Hamilton, where it is traditionally wet and cold). We have had frosty mornings the past week, but the sunny weather has meant that by mid morning it is nice and warm (it actually has reminded me of Brisbane winter weather).

(Although since I started this post yesterday, the weather has turned cold and wet today! - thankfully it is the last day of holidays)

No comments: