Friday, 30 July 2010

Mystery illness

I mentioned the other day that Ben had developed a cold, well at that stage he only had a temperature, which I assumed was the start of a cold. So I expected that a runny nose etc. would develop. Instead...he developed a rash - viral looking one on his chest and back, accompanied by splotchy/welty/slightly itchy rash on legs, arms, face etc. So off to the Drs we go - no cause could be identified so we were sent home with some anti-histamine (phenergan) and steroid (prednisone) to treat the over active immune response (ie. the rash). Well see how it goes...

Btw...I just have to mention (again) that I love the Waikato District Health Board's funding of medical care for children. The whole visit (seeing Nurse, Dr and getting prescription medicine) cost $0, that's right - nothing!

1 comment:

Scurrette said...

nothing for the prescriptions? Awesome!