Sunday, 24 October 2010

Tree House!

I'd been thinking of making a tree house in the big tree out in our yard for a while... it seemed like a good candidate for a house. A couple of months ago I manhandled a palette into the tree, but it wasn't quite the right dimensions to sit nicely in the fork, so last weekend I got around to starting building a platform. Today, I finished off the job (for now, until it needs renovations!). There's one main platform with rails covering the biggest gaps between the branches, and then, because the main platform is still fairly small, I built another small platform, which could either be used as a table or to stand on if the kids feel like it. Next job is to construct a rope ladder so they can actually get into the house without me having to get my big ladder out!

No comments: