Wednesday, 3 June 2009

I like internet grocery shopping!

With my usual shopping day (Monday) being a holiday, I didn't know when I was going to fit it in this week. Then in the mail yesterday was a voucher for $5 off delivery for internet shopping with my supermarket. ( I used the internet grocery shopping a couple of times last year). This was the best way to get it done, so while the kids were watching a DVD yesterday evening and dinner was cooking in the kitchen, I sat down and did the grocery shopping. Now I'm not convinced it's any quicker (if anything it takes slightly longer), but it is certainly makes the time more flexible (can do a bit then, pop off to put something in the oven, then come back and keep shopping). And it is great when it is delivered and all I have to do is put it away in the cupboards!

4 comments:

Ally said...

How does it compare price wise? I've looked into internet shopping here & it seems a lot more expensive.

Mel said...

It's the same, except for the added cost of delivery. It's the supermarket chain I normally shop at and the prices to shop via the internet is the same as the price I would pay if I went into the store to buy it - even the specials are the same. And even delivery isn't that expensive - for example my normal grocery shop would cost $12.95 delivery, but like today I had the $5 delivery voucher and then I got a free pack of frozen mashed potato (valued at $4.65 - you always get some free stuff with every order - last time we got a bottle of tabasco sauce and some sanitary pads) so in reality I only ended up paying just over $3 for delivery.

Ally said...

That's really good. I think the problem here is that it's not the normal supermarket. It purely an internet shop & by the time you add delivery...

Mel said...

I had the same problem in Brissie. Woolworths homeshop wasn't available (is in Sydney and melbourne), and the only internet grocery shopping was more expensive than going to the supermarket.