Friday, 16 October 2009

Dump shop bargains...

Had to go to south-west Hamilton today to pick-up something from the couriers and on the way back I realised that my route conveniently took me past the recycle shop next to the dump. So I stopped in to have a quick look around. I ended up picking up:
  1. A pair of plastic racquets for the kids - Ben has made passing comments in the past that we don't have any sort of racquets to play with at home.
  2. A soft toy sheep - I've just started wanting to get things together to create a collection of nativity/Christmas story dress-up/pretend play items for the kids to play with in the lead up to Christmas.
  3. A large picture frame including glass - cheap way to get glass for Peter to use in one of his home made frames.
= $6

And the most exciting and best bargain...

4. A Sunbeam Ice Shaver for $8! So now I'll be able to make nice cold summer drinks.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Does it really get hot enough there to use ice in your drinks?

Peter said...

Definitely! It got to 20 the other day and it felt pretty warm - certainly warm enough for ice in drinks. I swear it's a different thermometer that they use over here...