Monday, 26 October 2009

The story of the birth...

Once upon time, a long long time ago (last Thursday), it was a normal day, just like any other day. I rode to work, as usual, at around 8am. Once I got to work, I checked my email and so on. And then Mel rang me... saying she thought her waters had broken. She wasn't sure, so she was going to see the midwife to see what she needed to do. She dropped the kids off at Lisa's (a friend from playgroup) and then headed to the hospital, where Val the midwife was attending to another birth. Val decided that yes, it was Mel's waters that had broken, and yes, baby was coming soon. So Mel rang me and got me to ride to the hospital. I arrive about 11h30. After being there for a little while, contractions got a little more frequent and intense, and a little girl popped out, at 14h54. All rather quick really.
Because Naomi was techinally premature by 9 hours, the doctors wanted to make sure her blood sugar levels were satisfactory before letting her out. So, rather than letting her transfer to a nice comfortable birthing centre, she got to sleep in a noisy, old hospital instead. That wasn't the most comfortable, so they both came home the next day - Friday. Her blood sugar levels were fine.
And that's the story of the birth.
The End.

2 comments:

Scurrette said...

awww! It just sounds so easy....!

appletopping said...

Glad to hear you're all well. :)