Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Advent has started...

As most of you are probably aware - yesterday, being December 1st, was the first day of advent leading up to Christmas.  In past years this has not really been significant as we haven't done any Advent stuff, but this year is different.  I've made a Advent calendar which includes a bible reading for each day (thanks to Wendy), along with some discussion questions and a small fun gift (toy, food, or special activity/treat).  I've also purchased a felt Nativity scene which the kids can play with - moving the people and animals around.  I'm also going to put a collection of Christmas story books (we don't have many at the moment, but plan to add to it - although it can be a challenge to find ones that aren't all about santa and reindeer).  I'm also nearly finished making some Nativity scene dress-ups for the kids to play with, so they can dress up as Mary, Joseph, a shepherd, wise men or an angel.  Now I have done/am thinking of doing some other things for advent too and I want to take some piccies of the stuff I've told you about, so you can see it, but I don't have time right now, so it will have to wait for another day.



No comments: