Saturday, 30 July 2011

I have new boots!

When we were in the city at the museum the other day, we stopped into one of the tramping shops to look at boots for me. They had a couple of different models on sale (limited sizes) which I tried on, but didn't get any as I wanted to try on some others before making a decision. Then in the middle of the night last night, I remembered I'd need some boots for our snow holiday, so I didn't get snow in my shoes...so we decided to go boot shopping this morning (after working out if we could afford to buy any right now). First I needed to buy some insoles to try them on with (I used to have extra insoles in my old boots, that got thrown out with the old boots because I forgot to get Peter to take them out before they went in the bin. I then tried on 3 different pairs of boots trying to work out which, if any, were comfortable and suited my foot shape and size. I finally worked out that one pair did fit well and they happened to be the cheapest ones! (on sale for $200, originally $449) So now I need to spend some time wearing them around the place to wear them in (and what is really great is the store gives a 30 day trial period, so if I decided after doing some real walking in them (as opposed to wandering around a shop) that they aren't the right fit, I can take them back, no worries.

No comments: