Friday, 27 January 2012

Hedgehog rescue...again


On Saturday evening, we had to rescue another hedgehog from the bird netting that is over our strawberry patch (here's the one we rescued last time). So I had to cut another hole in our bird netting (which actually right next to where the previous entrapment had occurred). And then had the painfully slow task of trying to untangle the netting from the spikes, legs and head of the hedgehog (because every time you touch it or pull on the netting, it would curl itself into a tight ball which meant I would have to put it down and wait for it to relax and uncurl enough so I could gain access again). This hedgehog was a lot bigger than the last one and was perfectly healthy (the other one had mange and was fly blown), so after I'd got all the netting off, I took it down to the gully which is further down our street and let it go.

No comments: