Thursday, 8 January 2009

Christmas Holidays - Week 1 - Dicky Beach


I headed back to Australia with the kids at the start of December. (As usual the flight went well, but I did get my first experience of baggage being left behind. After me taking the stroller all the way to the gate, it somehow missed being put on the plane - luckily they gave me a loan one and mine got delivered to my parents house 2 days later.)
The first week we stayed with my parents in their caravan at Dicky Beach caravan park (on the Sunshine Coast). Most days passed with a visit to the beach in the morning, lunch, rest time, play at park/walk, dinner, bath, bed. Getting through the everyday chores was made a little harder as Joanna insisted on crying if anybody else held her/just went near her, when I was in sight. Luckily she was fine if I was totally out of the picture, so I was able to get a couple of chunks of 'me time' while my parents looked after the kids. I think it was really good that we had this first week together because although we were staying at my parents house for the Christmas/New Year week, we didn't really get to spend much time with them then (it was Waldeck family for Christmas this year - including Di and family being out from South Africa).

No comments: