Thursday, 15 January 2009

Summer cold...

We all dislike them, and I've currently got one. As usual I think it was passed onto me from Joanna, but I also think the change from holiday mode to normal life mode might also have something to do with it. At least I can take cold and flu tablets now, although that is an expensive proposition - $25NZD for a pack of 24 tablets - so I try to avoid it (I have to survive without when I'm pregnant or breast feeding so I should be able to survive without at other times). I also felt like I was doing a drug deal the only time I've bought them here (as opposed to being made to feel like you are being charged with a drug offence, like in Australia)...
Crouched down in front of the shelves containing the selection of cold and flu tablets (they are just on a regular shelf in the Pharmacy - not behind the counter), I ask the sales assistant if they have Neurofen cold and flu tablets (my cold and flu tablet of choice, which I couldn't see anywhere on the shelf). She then proceeds to ask me if they are for myself; if I've taken them before; checked that I wasn't pregnant or breast feeding and after I have answered all these questions satifactorily she states - "I think we can sell you some" and turns and goes out the back of the prescription drug section and returns with a box for me.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Yes it is certainly possible to survive a cold without "cold & flu tablets" (they don't have such thing in Denmark) but they sure do make it more bearable I think. Anyway hope you are feeling better soon.