Sunday, 26 July 2009

I give up.

I had intended to run the Taupo half-marathon. It's on next weekend. But, I haven't managed to get myself out of bed often enough... through a combination of cold weather and minor sniffles, my training has only just managed to sputter along. It just doesn't seem sensible to get out of bed in the dark when it's 2C and raining (or -5C and foggy - I haven't decided which is worse), and I have a bit of a snuffly nose already. Even to me.
This weekend was my deadline for getting in a decent run of at least 10km (preferably 15km), but I've come down with another cold, so there's not much point attempting a half-marathon PB next weekend - it's rather unlikely to happen.
Next goal: Hamilton half, I guess. At least it won't be quite as cold by then...

No comments: