Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Not my problem...

Peter found this article today, where a study finds: "The average British mother relies on just nine different meals to feed her family," and "Nine in 10 mothers polled admitted cooking the same meals over and over again while one in four made the same meals on the same day of the week."

Now I already know that I'm not the norm when it comes to my cooking habits - I like trying new recipes all the time, so usually at least 1/2 the meals I cook in a week, I've never tried before. And it is a rare occurrence for a recipe to be cooked twice. I would get bored if I cooked the same meals all the time and especially cooking the same meals on the same days of the week! Trying out new recipes all the time keeps me motivated to get into the kitchen each night to cook dinner. I also enjoy sitting down and looking through recipe books and magazines to find new recipes to try - it's quite relaxing.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I have also heard these statistics. It must run in the family though, cause I also love cooking new recipes. Though I do have a few favourites I repeat every now & then.