Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Sculpture park

On Monday, I took Mum and Dad to Waitakaruru Arboretum and Sculpture Park to look at the RE:FRACTION Outdoor Glass Sculpture Exhibition. I'd never been to the sculpture park before, although I have had the brochure for it stuck to our notice board since last year.

It was a bit of a walk from the carpark to the area of the park where the glass sculptures were, but the kids seemed to cope really well - it helped that there was other interesting sculptures to stop and look at on the way. The actual glass exhibition was a little smaller than I imagined it would be, but there was still a number of sculptures for me to take some photos of, although it would have been nice to have a little sunshine (the weather was overcast, with a cold wind and frequent scuds of showers/drizzle). We took a picnic lunch which we sat and ate amongst the glass sculptures before heading back to the car and home again.

No comments: