Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Internet grocery shopping - Even better!

I posted earlier this year about how I loved internet grocery shopping as it was convenient to do while doing other stuff at home. Well it is now even better!

About 2 months ago they added the option of pick-up from the local supermarket that is just at the end of our street. This means instead of paying $13 for delivery, I now have the option of just paying $5 and going and picking it up and bringing it home myself. At the moment with 3 kids under 5 and a very young baby (plus people staying), I think that paying $5 for somebody to walk down the aisles of the supermarket and putting all the items I want into the trolley and packing it all into bags (a task that would take me at least 1 hour), is value for money.

It means that instead of trying to get Naomi to sleep in the trolley or baby carrier, she can be sleeping in her own bed, while I do my shopping order on the computer. And instead of having to keep the other two under control in the supermarket, they can be playing happily at home, while I do the order.

Now I know that the children learn many helpful life skills by going on grocery shopping trips, but I think it is best done on shorter little trips to the shops at this point in time (mainly for my sanity and their enjoyment) - and this happens fairly frequently as we pass through the shopping centre on our walk to and from kindy each day.

No comments: