Monday, 22 March 2010

To Doctor, To Doctor...

After being sick for about 2 weeks now I finally went to the doctor. Not so much to treat my immediate condition, but sort out long term health stuff that I've been putting off. So I went in to my appointment with a list - which I guess you could best describe as a 'shopping list' except it was for drugs instead of the usual bread and milk shopping list.

Here is what I accomplished:
  1. I have restocked my supply of low dose and high dose antibiotics for my chronic tonsillitis (I managed to get a case of tonsillitis last weekend). I've also got a referral to the public system ENT here (I was on the waiting list in QLD to see and ENT for over 12 months before we moved here and never even got an appointment!).
  2. I have restocked my supply of asthma medication (including some good hard core prednisone) , so I can stop using my out-of-date ventolin (because that's all I had).
  3. I got my flu jab for the year (I can get it for free here because I have asthma).
I also booked Naomi in for her 5 month immunisations and Ben and Joanna to get a flu jab at the same time (kids under 6 can get it for free here).

No comments: