Friday, 17 June 2011

Rice pudding

Peter made rice pudding for dessert last night (there's a 'rice pudding' feature in the latest Donna Hay magazine), it was great...sweet, warm, gooey, and creamy. I used to love rice pudding for dessert as a child, but the only time I remember cooking it (I think I was a teenager at the time, still living at home), I remember it taking a long time and I had to stand there the whole time stirring it to make sure it didn't stick to the bottom of the pot - which was a lot of effort and time to commit to making it. Well the Donna Hay recipe is quick and easy...all you have to do is heat the milk (to boiling point), add the rice and then stick a lid o n and leave it for 20 minutes...come back and there is a pot of sweet, warm, gooey, creamy rice pudding. Peter and I just ate it totally plain (although there is about 6 flavour variations in the magazine). We will definitely be eating it again a number of times while the cold weather is around.

1 comment:

Ally said...

We eat it here with cinnamon sugar sprinkled over the top.