Thursday, 2 June 2011

Soup

I'm enjoying soup season at the moment (I might get sick of them as it will be soup weather here until November!). It is great being able to stick a bunch of ingredients in a pot and in a matter of 30min max, have a great tasting soup (I've been using Donna Hays '25 Fast soup' recipes from her winter magazine last year). They are an easy way to have a meal that is packed full of veggies without you really noticing it. Soups are also great for making double quantity and freezing half to use as an easy meal later. I'm also going to use some of the halves to give to a couple of friends who are pregnant and due in the next couple of months.

The soups I've been making include:
  • tomato, salami and chickpea soup
  • honey-roasted parsnip soup
  • asian chicken and corn soup
  • sweet potato and chickpea soup
  • pea, spinach and ham soup
  • tomato soup with meatballs

No comments: