Monday, 20 June 2011

Going crackers

After last week's near famine in the morning tea department, I spent an hour this morning making 4 batches of snack crackers. I made a different flavour for each batch:
  • poppy seed (made this flavour the first time)
  • coriander seed (I think i need to crush the seeds a little first)
  • cheese and onion (these turned out great - I used dried onion and a combination of some grated edam and parmesan cheese)
  • lime and black pepper (a bit too peppery - I'll use a bit less than 1tbsp of whole peppercorns next time)
So there will be no shortage of crackers to have crackers and cheese or dip for at least the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Ally said...

I have also made the onion & cheese & love it. Do you just put the flavour on top or mix it in the dough? Would love the quantity of lime & black pepper you used.

Mel said...

I mix it through the dough. I used 1 tablespoon of black pepper corns (although as I said in the post this is a bit much pepper) and I replaced 1/2 of the water with lime juice and put in the zest of 1 lime. The lime flavour seems about right to me.