Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Absolutely free!!

1. Kindy - I actually got around to visiting the Kindy that I've put Ben's name down at. It looks good with lots of outdoor play (which Ben will love) and to start with he will go Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday afternoons (12.30-3pm). Ben must like it too as we had a bit of a tantrum episode when it was time to leave (I only popped in for a quick look around). Anyway was talking to one of the kindy teachers and found out that there are no fees/voluntary contributions etc. to pay. The government pays the teacher's wages and they also get funding to provide stuff for the kids. They do run a fundraiser each term to help make bigger improvements to the centre, but the teacher said they like it if family spends $20 or so on each fundraiser - which I'm not going to complain about $20 per term (especially when compared to how much I was going to have to pay in Brisbane).

2. Passionfruit - A vine appeared on our fence a few weeks ago, it seemed to have sprouted from a crack in the concrete. Anyway at that stage I didn't know what it was, but thought I keep it there and see what happened. Well it started to flower on the weekend and thanks to google I was able to identify it as a passionfruit vine! Peter and I have always wanted one so we are really excited and can't wait for the fruit to come.

No comments: