Saturday, 22 November 2008

Mel's got the flu...

I've now been sick for nearly a week and we think it is the flu. Achy joints and muscles, temperature, sore throat/swollen glands, but no runny or blocked nose. Peter had a flu shot at work this year, so that's why he hasn't got it (well that's our assumption). We now think that what the kids were sick with was the flu too. So hopefully I will start feeling better soon, I'm getting sick of being sick, especially when I can't take sick days from being mum during the week (Peter has been great this weekend taking the kids out so I can rest at home and looking after all the feeding, changing, bathing etc.). And next year I'm going to make sure I get off my butt and have a flu jab (annoying that I can't get it free like Peter used to at UQ).

3 comments:

Ally said...

Yes, I too am bemoaning the fact that I can't get the flu jab free anymore. But still so worth the money!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

I've never been able to get it for free. (and we don't know if Endace offers free ones)