Friday, 23 April 2010

Picking up the pace

Now that Ben has started morning kindy, it means I can get to the gym 4 times a week (I was only going 2, as there was only 2 days where there was space in the creche for all 3 kids, but now I only have 2...).

I've also mastered my 2km run and so have spent my runs this week working out a new, slightly longer route. The other day it was a bit of a cooks tour, as I didn't know how to get from the bike path I was on, up onto the road (the road is a bridge over a creek and the path follows next to the creek), so I ended up taking a longer route than I intended. Today I ran in the opposite direction to see if I could work it out and found there is a path from the road down to the creek. I still need to find out what distance this new route is, but the change is not only a further distance - this new route also has a couple of hills (my original 2km route was totally flat).

My main motivation at the moment is to lose a bit more of my baby weight so I can fit into my long pants for winter - if I don't I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit me and I don't want to have to go out and buy a whole new collection!


2 comments:

Ally said...

Your lucky you have the option of fitting back into your pants. My hips spread with the pregnancy & there is no way I'll fit back into a lot of my pants so I have to buy nearly a whole new wardrobe of pants. I also have the problem that my bust has increased so many of my more fitted tops don't fit me anymore either. This includes my formal dress that I wear at Christmas & to special occassions.

Mel said...

Well the clothes I want to fit back are all things that I've bought post my 1st pregnancy, so I don't have the whole shape change problems this time. And I have a couple of pairs of jeans I bought the winter after Joanna was born, so I've only been able to wear for 1 season (as last winter I was pregnant and wearing maternity clothes again!).