Tuesday, 6 April 2010

The things people will pay money for...

We've just finished another round of selling stuff on Trade Me. It was basically just trying to get rid of stuff we no longer want or need that was taking up precious space in our house/garage. One of the items was a blender, which I'd been thinking of selling for a while because I didn't use it much except for making milkshakes/smoothies for the kids. But a couple of months ago I went to get it down off the shelf to use and in the process accidently dropped it on the floor, which smashed a large-ish chunk of plastic out of the base of the jug part. (It still worked fine, but I had been waiting for an excuse to get a food processor thing and thought that this accident justified it.) I didn't want to just throw it in the rubbish, so decided to try sell it online - and get someone to essentially pay me to dispose of it! Well somebody ended up paying $5 for it.

(We also like Freecycle for getting rid of stuff we don't want anymore, but somebody else might find useful - plus they come to your door and pick it up! - like the 25 year old dishwasher that was in this house.)

No comments: