Sunday, 9 August 2009

Cleaning update...

I've spent a total of 7 hours cleaning vertical blinds. In that time I've managed to do all the full length ones...I've decided not to do the 22 little 1/3 length ones at the moment, they aren't noticeably dirty, there's no mould on them and they are in a slightly awkward place to get to.

On Friday morning I had a couple of girls from church come over and help clean for 3 hrs (ie. 6hrs worth of cleaning labour). I'm very thankful for their help and hard work, I don't know how I would have got everything done by Monday without them.

Mould seems to be an issue in Hamilton...on the walls behind furniture and in corners, along skirting boards, around windows. So as I've been cleaning it off, I've been wiping the surfaces with the Oil of Cloves solution to try and help prevent it's return.

The more I clean and tidy stuff, the more things I notice need cleaning or tidying. Marks on walls to wipe off, piles of papers/books that need sorting and organising etc. It's also hard work keeping everything spotlessly clean.

I feel like I have been spring cleaning all week - and it's only August!

2 comments:

Ally said...

Mould is a proble here as well. I think it's a cold weather climate thing. Here the advice is to not put furniture right up against the wall (allows air to circulate) and also to open a window & air each room for at least 10min everyday (yes even in winter!!)

appletopping said...

heh heh - reminds me of the time i was in longreach and sick of the mould on the walls. i left a window open to try (to do as ally said) only to find the carpet was drenched the following day because the sprinkler was outside the window.
hope your mould-sorting-out works better than mine did. :D