Sunday, 23 August 2009

Joanna's birthday party

Yesterday morning was Joanna's birthday party. We made it an angel/fairy theme and I made dress-ups for each of the kids to wear and take home with them (Thanks to Kathryn for the easy tutu design). It was a fairly small party, only 3 families, but it meant it was nice and relaxed. Joanna was excited about the party, but was a bit unsure when people started arriving. She soon got into the groove and enjoyed opening her presents and playing with some bubbles outside.

I made all the food for the party including: 'Snow white slice', 'Crown cupcakes', 'Fluffy cloud mousse', 'Cheese puff stars', 'Apple puff stars', 'Ham and cheese squares' and Banana and Apple with honey yoghurt dipping sauce. The cake was a cloud with angel/fairy on top. The actual cake was a very dense and rich chocolate cake.

2 comments:

appletopping said...

Awesome idea for a party! If Gremlin's a lil girl I'll have to find out about the tutu design. ;)
I love the cake! (tho at first I thought the doll's hair was on fire)

Mel said...

Just the camera angle...I made sure that the candles were a fair distance from the doll - I've seen too many funniest home videos to not think about that possible disaster!