Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Getting ready for spring...

After the warmer weather of the past week (daily maximum consistently 15C or so) and this being the last week of August and hence technically the last week of winter...I felt like getting ready for the start of spring.
So yesterday morning I changed the doona cover on the bed to the Summery fresh looking one that I'd picked up on sale over winter, and the sheets to our cool summer coloured ones.
I also packed away all Ben's size 2/3 summer clothes from last summer, to make room for the next size up.
Then in the afternoon, I planted a whole stack of seeds in containers to sit on the kitchen window sill and sprout over the next month. So when the last of the cold weather is gone, I'll have a nice collection of little seedlings to plant out in the garden and can enjoy some spring vegetables sooner than last year!
I'm now paying for all my productivity yesterday - I've got a sore back from all the bending over and have been feeling quite tired today(although this also has to do with having sick kids) - needed a sleep after lunch.

No comments: