Wednesday, 13 April 2011

I just bought a bike

Been thinking about it for a little while. Reasons:
  • Ben is so fast on his bike now that it is pretty impractical for me to walk when he is riding.
  • With petrol prices being $2.20/L currently, I'd like to try and reduce our petrol bill by replacing some of our car trips with cycling - ie. some of the trips which are a bit too long for walking (because it takes too long or greater effort because of the longer distance).
  • Some of the to and from school trips that I make walking at the moment can take up less time if I ride.
Obviously there are a few details apart from me buying a bike, before I can actually fulfill the reasons for buying the bike:
  • need to at least get a kids bike seat for Naomi (and possible a bicycle tow-bar to attach to Joanna's bike for the longer trips)
  • once the cooler and wetter winter weather sets in, I won't be able to use the bike much (we found last winter that Ben didn't cope riding if the temperature was below 5C).

1 comment:

Peter said...

And a handful of helmets...