Friday, 15 April 2011

phantom outage

At about 11.30am today our internet connection disappeared. I thought the service provider's server must be down so for the rest of the day kept on restarting the modem see if the connection had been restored. 5pm came and still no connection - this was one extremely long outage and I was starting to experience withdrawal symptoms. I then just happened to look down at the ground when walking past the phone line socket in the wall and noticed that the line had been pulled out! So it wasn't any problem with the service provider - the modem just wasn't connected to the phone line! The only thing I think must have happened is that Naomi got her doll's stroller caught up in it and that pulled it out without me noticing. So now I am happily reconnected to the rest of the world.

No comments: