Friday, 14 May 2010

I don't like pocket nappies...

The kids clothes always end up wicking the moisture from the nappy and so they end up with wet pants anyway (this is because the seam between the liner and the outer is right on the edge, so some of the liner fabric - which is designed to get rid of moisture - get in contact with the clothing). Any what is the big deal with pocket nappies anyway? It's not as though they are any quicker to put on than using a nappy that needs a wrap/cover put over the top to keep the moisture in. I've never had problems with the kids pants getting wet when using a nappy that has a wrap/cover over the top, plus the fact they are 2 separate things gives a 2nd layer of protection for those poos that try to escape! Give me the 2 part system any day.

And for those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, or don't care...please ignore the above rant.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I'm not a big fan of pocket nappies either, but for a different reason. I think it's annoying having to pull the insert out for washing & put it back in all the time. I can't really comment on the wicking issue as 1) I only have 1 pocket nappy at the moment & it is really only used as a back up, & 2) I have problems with wet clothes sometimes using the 2 part system anyway.