Saturday, 15 May 2010

Mother's day

Just realised I haven't said anything about last Sunday. Well the day started with breakfast in bed - buttermilk pancakes with honey ricotta sauce and blueberries - that Ben and Joanna helped Peter to make. But before I got to taste it, the kids insisted I open the presents they gave me first (Peter had taken them shopping the previous day, so they could purchase the presents they had decided they wanted to get me). I received a hot pink coloured pillar candle from Joanna and a green long handled gas lighter from Ben (or candle lighter as he calls it). So I then ate my candle lit breakfast in bed! (I also received a new washing line - as the one that came with the property is old and broken and I'd asked for a new one for mother's day - but it obviously wasn't wrapped or brought into the bedroom!) The only other special thing we did for the day was to have a yummy antipasto lunch - garlic turkish bread, salami, red and yellow capsicum, salami (all which i bought from the farmers market), plus home made sundried tomatoes, basil infused pesto and gruyere cheese.

No comments: