Wednesday, 12 May 2010

What happens when...

the battery in your digital kitchen scales dies halfway through measuring out the ingredients for your baking?

Answer: Your baking flops.

Was in the middle of measuring dry ingredients for 'Blackberry friands'. I already had the almond meal in the bowl and was adding the icing sugar, when the battery died. I wasn't sure how much had gone in and had to guess. The mixture was a bit drier and stiffer than i think it was suppose to be, so the whipped egg whites didn't fold in nicely and now they are having trouble cooking.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Yes that is a problem. It has happened to me (or the scales have switched off during measuring cause I've taken too long. I usually try to scoop out as much as I can (ie. icing sugar)& then start again.