Monday, 2 March 2009

New blog...

I've started a 2nd blog...it's called 'Sustainable Hamilton NZ'. The basic aim is to provide a readily accessible source of information for people living in Hamilton about how they can recycle various things and more environmentally sustainable options that available in Hamilton. So most of you who read this blog will have no interest at all in this (as you don't live in Hamilton). The reason I started it is because I have found it very difficult to find information on recycling options etc. (the council collects very little as part of kerbside recycling) and so it takes a lot of time just to find out about one thing (such as recycling plastic bags).

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had a similar problem with Brisbane Council not being able to tell me where to recycle certain items. But the have recently put out a downloadable brochure with details of companies that take various types of waste.

Nickie said...

Hi, I just thought I would let Mel's friends know about a blog I started up about a week ago. I live in Brisbane and wanted to change my convenient but bad environmental habits to good ones. I knew the only way I would do this is if I planned to do it. So I have decided to change one bad habit per week for a year. I started the blog to keep me honest :) I would love other people to take up the challenge too and change one habit a week of theirs for year and to tell me what they are doing via my blog. My first week's challenge was to recycle more. Check it out at: 52stepscloser.wordpress.com

Mel said...

It is actually because of Nickie starting her blog, that I started my one specific to Hamilton. Finding out how to responsibly dispose of/recycle something once each week is a manageable task (instead of just thinking of the big task of finding out about all things).