Sunday, 15 March 2009

Trip to the Donkey Farm...

Last week was the playgroup outing for the term. It was to the Awapuni Donkey Stud, where the kids were able to take a ride on a donkey, feed the chickens and ducks, play on large ride-on tractors and diggers, bounce on a trampoline, and have a swing.

Joanna wanted a donkey ride when we first arrived, but Ben was a bit more hesitant and only decided quite a while later that he wanted a ride. They both thought the donkey ride was pretty cool, although Joanna was quite happy to go for her ride solo (happily holding onto the saddle to stay on), whereas Ben insisted that I hold onto him the whole way - which is just a difference in personalities that we are starting to notice more and more.

Ben really liked the big ride-ons and played on them for quite a while, they were a bit big for Joanna although she still liked sitting on them. Feeding some dried corn to the chickens and ducks was really enjoyed by both of them.I forgot to take my camera with me, so I had to borrow one off one of the other mums because I knew you would all like to see photos of the kids playing there.

No comments: