Monday, 13 October 2008

I have a gym membership!

After going and checking out all the gyms on Friday, I went and signed up with one this morning. It's called TLC and it is in the suburb of Flagstaff which is a 5min drive (and is quicker to get to than Workout from Kenmore as there is no silly Moggill Rd style peak hour traffic to deal with). It is a fairly small gym, but I think that also makes it feel like they actually care about you more as they get to know you a bit. It has a creche that runs 2 morning sessions 9-10.30am and 10.45am-12.15pm. I have to book the kids in to the days I want them in creche as there is a limit on the number of kids they can have in a session, but I can make them permanent bookings, so I don't have to ring up each week. They get funding for it through the government which means that there is 1 fully qualified Early Childhood Teacher there and they actually run a program during the session (my impression is it is run more like a kindy style thing than just free-play the whole time). I think Ben is going to really enjoy it and I am looking forward to him having the experience. I am also looking forward to being able to have a break from the kids (without it being Peter that has to look after them) and also to get back into some exercise. My energy and stress levels have been suffering from my lack of exercise. I'm going to go for my first workout tomorrow morning.

No comments: