Saturday, 11 October 2008

The wheels on the bike go round and round...


One of the advantages of living in a small town (sorry, city) is that it's quite easy to live close enough to the city to be able to cycle to work. Even the outskirts of Hamilton are less than 10km from the city centre, and being a fairly flat city, it's not that hard to cycle in from anywhere. From our house in Chartwell, it's about 6km to work in the CBD, which makes it about 15 minutes of cycling. Which really isn't a bad commuting time is it?
The obvious question is what to do when it's raining... as it has a habit of doing in this country. Well, I don't really do anything different. Other than that I'll pull a towel and some spare clothes out of my bag when I get there. I really don't mind exercise in the cold (I did wear a jumper that one day that was 1C, but 3C was fine without!) so it's certainly better than cycling in Brisbane where I'd be dripping with sweat by the time I got to uni!
We'll see what summer is like... and then mid-winter next year...
(I think I must have a thing for red bikes as well!)

No comments: