Monday, 13 October 2008

My impression of NZ gyms...

Before I chose a gym to join, I did a tour of a selection of them and I just wanted to share my over all impression. NZ gyms seem to be stuck in a time-warp where gyms were all about men, sweat, hard work and pain. Two out of the 3 gyms I visited were located in shells of factory buildings, with no effort to improve the aesthetics of the interior. The equipment also looked like it was purchased in the 80s with those grotesque vinyl colours (for the weights machines).

As you will have worked out from my previous post about joining a gym, I've chosen the only 1 that wasn't like that. TLC is like what I'm used to - carpets, modern machines, and nice changing facilities (they are actually individual rooms with shower and toilet and you can even borrow a hair-straightener from reception!).

No comments: