Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Flustered and frazzled...

Well that's how I'm feeling today. And I think I'm changing my mind about paperwork...it is becoming a real hassle as I have all these forms that I need to send to various organisations in Oz and the only options they give are post or fax. Really, I would have thought in this technological age more of them would have a electronic option (either email address or web form). I don't really want to post stuff as that is expensive to have to pay international post, so I am trying to work out how to fax it using the computer and our normal internet connection. Apparently there is a fax program that comes as part of Windows XP, but is not part of the standard install. So I have attempted to install it, but like anything to do with Microsoft it is painful and not a simple as they make out. Quite simply, I can't get it to install the program at the moment. I will have to wait till my tech support (Peter) arrives tonight - although it is highly likely that he will be as baffled as me as to why it won't do it simply.
I'm now going to make a 'to do' list to try and calm my brain and give some direction to my thoughts.

2 comments:

appletopping said...

heya! did it work? can you email it to family/friends and they send it from oz?

Ally said...

I have found if I have lots of letter to post to oz it is cheaper to send them in one bulk parcel/letter to Mum & get her to post them.