Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Tidy kitchen -- ahhh...

I'm not usually the best at keeping the kitchen totally clean and tidy. This is usually because I end up spending most my energy cooking stuff, which it what I love to do (not cleaning). But with the warm weather and no fly screens (they don't seem to know about them in NZ) we have been invaded by flies! We have fly trap outside and fly paper inside to try and help. And on the weekend Peter did a big clean up of the kitchen, clearing all the dirty dishes and junk and wiping all the dirty surfaces. It is nice having a clean and tidy kitchen, so I have been trying to keep it that way this week and so far it is working! Although I haven't done any baking this week.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Oh, another place that hasn't heard of them! Welcome to the world of flies in the house. If you ever do find a method of reducing them that works please let me know. Otherwise my best suggestion is to invest in a handful of fly swats :-)