Saturday, 14 February 2009

Cambridge is a long way.

After struggling to get going with my marathon training, I decided to just try out a long run and see how fit my bike riding has made me. So, the target was to run to Cambridge (well, Red Cherry Cafe actually, just before Cambridge) and meet Mel and the kids there for breakfast. According to Google, that's a distance of just over a half-marathon (21.5km or so). As it turned out, the run went really well - I felt pretty good the whole way (just a slightly achy knee and hips, but maybe I'm just getting old!). It took 1h55min, so that would convert to a pretty respectable HM time (for me anyway - my PB is about 1h52min I think).

2 comments:

Simone R. said...

wow. Must be the year for it. Andrew is also training for a marathon this year. He ran 23km yesterday. When is rotorua?

Peter said...

Early May - less than 3 months away now! Which one is Andrew doing - Brisbane or Gold Coast? Or something else?