Friday, 13 February 2009

Saved by the list...

I know a lot of people despise 'to do' lists as they are just an endless list of jobs that they never have time to do. But I like them. I find them very helpful to organise my thoughts when I'm feeling stressed or disorganised. It helps me resolve my feeling of there's too much to get done, into small tasks which I can work my way through. It is also helpful when I have a spare 5min or so when the kids are entertaining themselves, instead of trying to rack my brain as to what needs doing quickly, I can just look at the list and easily find something quick to do. And I like being able to cross things off the list when they are done and to be able to see how much I have done, it gives me a sense of actually making progress (I think not having an expectation of getting absolutely everything that is on the list gets done by the end of the week, helps to eliminate the feeling of failure). So after making the 'to do' list the other day when I was feeling stressed, I have been able to cross a number of things off my list. I am feeling a lot more organised and feel like things are under control a bit more. Now it's time to go do some more jobs off my list...

No comments: