Friday, 6 February 2009

The mouth - a food storage device...

I thought after talking about Ben's latest bad habit, I'd mention Joanna's, which as the title of this post says, is storing food in her mouth. She will put food in her mouth, but if she then decides she is too full or doesn't like it, she will not swallow it or spit it out - she will just shut her lips and keep it inside her mouth. This usually leads to some drooling happening as her body produces more saliva, which she won't swallow as she doesn't want to swallow the food that's in her mouth. At first we were ignoring it as we thought she would eventually swallow, but being the stubborn girl she is, this never happens. And I have now had the sobering thought, that storing food in her mouth probably isn't good for her teeth. So I've now taken to getting her to spit it out into my hand (which is pretty disgusting for me - little bits of chewed up food, mixed with a stack of saliva) and then getting her to rinse her mouth with a drink of water. Unfortunately I haven't thought of any way to stop this habit yet.
(this is the same post as the other day, it just had the wrong author on it)

No comments: